Why Do Filipinos Love To Have Lechon Cebu During Any Occasion


Why Do Filipinos Love To Have Lechon Cebu During Any Occasion? #FilipinoFoodsPhilippines


The Filipino Festival is a yearly event which showcases the richness of the Filipino culture all over the Philippine Archipelago. It promotes a respect for and appreciation of the Filipino heritage featuring a delectable cuisine, folk dances, music and parade. The Filipino Festivals (for the whole year) has attracted thousands of attendees from the surrounding cities and tourists who want to experience the best of the Philippine islands.


For delectable Filipino cuisine, Lechón meaning in Spanish for suckling pig and it connotes a whole roasted pig, "litsong baboy" being slowly roasted over charcoal. Litson is probably one of the most crave food of all Filipinos; locally and overseas. In every fiesta all over the Philippines, litson’s the greatest of them all!





I know, I did crave for it for quite some time until recently, I attended the Blogapalozza 2015 with my blogger-wife which I knew beforehand that Manong’s Lechon Cebu’s one of the sponsor. Actually, I posted a message to Mr. Roland Pañares that I’d like to taste his product. I did met him personally and his litson too…ha..ha..ha..and really admire this man for his prowess to sustain the business in the ever-changing environment…the food industry.




I tasted Manong’s Lechon Cebu of course, for the first time, and it’s really the taste that I wanted for a long time! I was born in the province of Negros Occidental and I knew the taste of Lechon in the Visayas region - that even without the sauce, you can eat with satisfaction! That’s the taste of Manong’s Lechon Cebu! The taste is just so delicious even without dipping sauce and has a very superior-distinct taste that you cannot find in any other litson source here in Luzon.





Lots of restaurants are offering lechon meals in Metro Manila but the crunchiness of the skin up to its traditional-way of cooking in charcoal makes Manong’s Lechon Cebu a star on every gathering!

Actually, I ordered at Las Pinas branch for our son’s birthday and I recommended to my friends this coming Christmas season. For sure, more Filipinos are craving for the taste of Manong’s Lechon Cebu!





Comments