TAISAN (FILIPINO CHIFFON CAKE)

Taisan



Taisan is a popular Filipino chiffon cake topped with melted butter and sugar. The first time I tried taisan was two years ago when I visited the Philippines. My niece introduced me to it and since then, I always have it every time I return for a visit. I was happy when I saw the recipe for taisan in the Goldilocks bakebook that I got recently and I had to make it. I already made it twice and every time, my family enjoys it.
The taisan that is normally bought from the bakery comes in small slices. In this recipe, I used a regular loaf pan to make my version of taisan. The original baking time calls for 8-10 minutes but the taisan I made took 40 minutes to bake. After letting it cool for 10 minutes, I topped it with melted butter, sugar and grated cheese. Yummy! 🙂

TAISAN (FILIPINO CHIFFON CAKE)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup+ 4 tablespoons cake flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • teaspoon salt
  • teaspoon vanilla extract
  • cup sugar
  • cup evaporated milk
  • tablespoons water
  • tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
  • cup vegetable oil

Comments